Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      buffdazza
      Participant

For some gambling can be a recreation like playing tennis or no more dangerous than taking a dog for a walk. For some others, for me, it can consume, dominate and destroy life which was once full of hope and possibilities. 25yrs of hardcore gambling which left me a mere existence of pain. Not just my own, a wife with two beautiful daughters who were ‘never enough’, parents who were left heartbroken by not one but both of their sons. Friends. Colleagues. All because I had to gamble. The worse of which was 2yrs ago when i committed an act to ‘get money’. I didn’t go to prison but my life was over. Confidence gone and suicide an ever alluring option. Then I found rehab, Gambling rehab! It meant leaving my family for 14wks and facing my demons head on. I did it! Gordon Moody in Beckenham. They helped put Humpty Dumpty together again. I returned to my loving family last weekend and have a real, positive future. I also lost almost 3stone in weight whilst in treatment showing the healthy mind allowing a healthy body to emerge. I look forward to continuing my recovery and hearing from anyone who has the time to post/chat. Everyone is precious and the illness of addiction, maybe, cannot be helped..but it can be fought. Thank you x
      When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that… you find someone to carry you.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.