Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      adele
      Participant

Yall may already know this …

I remembered seeing an option to click on “Chat History” some time back, and then I couldn’t find it any longer until I started this New Topic … and now there it is on the left between “Support Groups” and “Forums”! But I don’t find it anywhere else …

However, I figured out that I can also get to my most recent Chat Histories by entering the words “Chat History” or “Chat Log” in the Search box at the RIGHT BOTTOM of most pages and clicking “Go”. (It doesn’t work using the search box at the top for some reason.) A list of things will come up – click on “Chat History” (so far it’s always at the top of the list) and you will see a log entry for the Channel and Time of the most recent Group Chat you’ve been in. (The logs don’t stay there very long though.) If you click on the ‘eye’ under View you can see the whole conversation. At the bottom of the log/conversation is a “Print” option. I usually copy and paste the chat into my Word documents myself though for future reference.

Adele

Dunc
      Keymaster

Hi Adele, this had me thinking as the screen I have differs from yours. I need to check how long your chat history will last for, forgive me for not having the answer to hand but there have been so many decisions made.

From the home screen, click “My Profile” on the left 6 options will appear “Chat History” is the 3rd link down

Take Care

adele
      Participant

THAT’S where I saw it! In MyProfile. Thanks Harry!

dap_rega
      Participant

I am new to the site. I am a gambler for a lot of reasons, mainly because I use it as an escape for the feelings of loneliness. I get very depressed, not suicidal. Been there , done that , promised God never again. I always remind myself of that . I’m capable of keeping that promise. I work hard to pay some bills ,get some necessary items, and throw the rest away. I see a therapist now, however, my improvement is slow. it does help though. I went to a GA meeting last Friday. I wanted to cry. it was painful. I did feel a need to be there and I am grateful that it exists for us to get help. I wanted to go this weekend however my work schedule didn’t allow for it. I have to admit that I could go today or tomorrow, but I gambled my money away. Now I have to save my gas for work. I feel pathetic. I have no personal support. Never have. I need someone to call me, text me, whenever , and tell me something to stop me from going. I want to buy a house, take care of my self again, just have money and not want to gamble.

Dunc
      Keymaster

<

Hello and thanks for starting a thread in the Gambling Therapy forums

<

Dap Rega, youve posted on the end of a thread within the friends and family forum that unfortunately will hinder members finding you, thus making it hard for members to support you, Could I ask you to start a new thread in my journal. Please follow this link to help you make a new post https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/en/members-user-guides

Here at Gambling Therapy we pride ourselves on being a caring and diverse online community who can help and support you with the difficulties you’re currently facing. We understand that this might be a tough time for you, particularly if you’re new to recovery, so come here as often as you need to and participate in the forums, access online groups and connect to the live advice helpline if you need one to one support. We’re in this together!

Here on the forum you can share your experiences in a safe, supportive and accepting environment. The beauty of writing it all down is that you can take your time and you will be creating a record of your progress that you can look back on if it ever feels like you’re not moving forward. So, share as much or as little as you like but do try to stick to keeping just one thread in this forum so people know where to find you if they want to be updated on your progress or share something with you.

And on that note….

I’m going to hand you over to our community because I’m sure they will have some words of wisdom for you 🙂

Take care

The Gambling Therapy Team

PS: Let me just remind you to take a look at our

privacy policy and terms and conditions so you know how it all works!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.