Viewing 5 posts - 286 through 290 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    icandothis
    Participant

Happy Easter, to all of you who celebrate. This is a time of rebirth! A time when we let die those parts of ourselves which need to die or we need to let go of, and a time to celebrate the new life which follows! Amen, to our new lives!!!

lizbeth4
    Participant

Congrats on your new Granddaughter! Take care!

vera
    Participant

Congratulations on becoming a grandmother, Ican.
    Moving on to a new phase in life helps us to place wider issues in perspective. Not gambling will give you more time to enjoy the baby girl . When we gamble, we miss out on a lot of life.
    Take care.

vera
    Participant

‘Doesn’t seem like a year since we spoke about the May Hymn, Ican.
    Time passes fast.
    I hope you are singing to your baby grand daughter.
    Give us an update when you can.

icandothis
    Participant

Thanks for thinking of me, Vera. Such a beautiful hymn.
    Where do I begin to update. This year has been quite a challenge. But, you know what, lately I am feeling like I am up to the challenge.
    Both of my brothers have had severe health issues..aneurism (sp?) stroke, kidney failure. And I have a few health issues of my own. Things are going on at work that are absolutely disgusting and definitely illegal.
    But, as Forrest Gump says, “That’s all I have to say about that.”
    I intend not to focus on the things I cannot control and focus on what I can. I am very quickly approaching 60, and I feel as if the next decade is going to be my decade. This is my time to shine. Why not? I have spent a lot of time doing just the opposite. Why not give every thing I have to becoming the real me instead of running away from some lesser version of me that I have let myself become or at least believe myself to be. (I am feeling like it’s now or never, so why not now?)
    That’s all for now. My husband will be home soon, and dinner won’t cook itself!
    Take care, Vera…and everyone else, too. Don’t be so hard on yourselves. It’s enough that you are here fighting the good fight.

Viewing 5 posts - 286 through 290 (of 290 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.