Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      friz
      Participant

Hi
      I am married to a compulsive gambler who has it pretty much under control … but quite possibly only because I take care of the family finances and he doesn’t have free access to any money.
      In the past 4 years he has had a couple of relapses when had access to some money. Small amounts gambled but still a relapse at least. On these occasions, when I discover it, he has admitted straight away, when back in the throes of the addiction he would lie and cover it up.
      In the past, the relapse has been due to us struggling for money. He would say he always thought he could gamble some to make some. As we know, it doesn’t work like that and he ended up losing it.
      But he has had a relapse very recently. This time we are not in any money troubles. We are comfortable. I just don’t know how to handle this relapse. I’m angry he did it. I’m angry he has wasted yet some more money. I’m angry he can do something he has promised he wont do again. I feel like just accepting his “I’m really sorry, I don’t know why I did it, I wont do it again” isn’t enough. But on the other hand, I don’t feel like it is big enough to end our marriage.
      I’m very confused 🙁

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.