Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      cat438
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      I am finding it difficult to accept that so many wonderful and caring UK Compulsive Gamblers who help me in my recovery are not going to be part of this site. I believe for me GT was a life saver and without it I would not be where I am today.  This has come from many areas and many people.  I believe if I was told I could not come to GT anymore I would feel angry, denial, hurt, stressed and in an emotional turmoil.  I would feel that my life-line had been taken away from me.  I believe the rapport and trust you build up with fellow compulsive gamblers is important to your recovery.  I have been on GT for about 15 months and in that time there has been many UK CG’s that have helped me from going to play those machines.  Jay, I know that there have been a few times I was having such a difficult time and you were there helping and challenging me.  Now, I don’t know if Vera is included in the UK residents or if she will be able to stay as she is from Ireland, but she was my very first anchor to help.  Sherrie, you are one special person.  I know I am missing people that I want to say thank you to, but this is a start.
      As Compulsive Gamblers we know that change is difficult.  God Grant ME the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. 
       One day at a time my sweet lord…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.