Gambling Therapy logo
  • This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by lily.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      velvet

Enter the Friends and Family group on Thursdays between 20.00-21.00 hours UK time by clicking on ‘Helpline’, scroll down to Friends and Family and click ‘Join’.  

If you haven’t tried a group before then you probably don’t know what to expect.  There is a box at the top with the names of F&F members who are in the group and there is a box at the bottom for you to type what you are feeling or maybe to ask a question that you have not felt you could voice elsewhere. 

Replies are almost immediate or as long as it takes to type them so it is almost like sitting in a room and talking – in fact that is how I imagine it to be.  I see us as sitting with a cup of coffee or tea or a glass of wine while problems are shared that cannot be shared elsewhere – and as an added bonus cyber drinks and  biscuits do not affect your weight.  

There is no need to worry about not being heard or feeling shy because you will be heard and understood.   The group is safe; nothing said in the group appears anywhere else and hopefully you will find some answers to your concerns – but at the very least there is a lot to be said for talking in real time to someone who understands what you are experiencing.

The hour seems to whiz past so please try to come in earlier rather than later.

I look forward to welcoming you

Velvet

lily
      Participant

Thinking of you today. Hope all goes smoothly and you can get a date sorted for the funeral very soon. Lily x

lily
      Participant

Hi Velvet, Just wanted to let you know my cg will be here in a couple of hours and will be staying until monday morning so I may not have the chance to check the forum but I have not abandoned you! I hope you are Ok and arrangements are going smoothly. Lily x

velvet

Have a great weekend Lily.
      Arrangements are going OK
      Speak soon
      V

lily
      Participant

Just popping by to say my thought are still with you. Had a lovely weekend thank you, all still good. I am checking in on the forum again regularly so look after you. Lily x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.