Gambling Therapy logo
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      velvet

I often invite members to join the F&F group but recently there have only been one or two members joining me so I thought I would give you a snapshot of what they mean to me.

When I open the group, I imagine opening a door to a lovely room with the windows open in the summer and a warming fire in the winter.   I imagine comfy chairs, a glass of wine or a cup of tea for everyone who comes in wanting support.

Anyone who has been to Gamanon will recognise, I hope, the imagery I am trying to conjure up.

When you enter the group you will see the usernames of those present in a box on the top right hand side of the page – I am always there so you will never be alone.  At the bottom there is a box in which you type your questions, fears and hopes and then ‘click’ send.   I will answer you immediately and if there are other members present they may well answer you too.

Everybody who enters the room with you is different but they all share one thing – they have all been affected by the addiction to gamble.  Sharing the same reason to be together means that understanding is great, judgement is non-existent and caring is paramount.

There is often laughter and yes there are tears but in the many hours I have spent with members in that room I have always felt it was time well spent

So if you haven’t tried it, maybe you should give it a go there is a comfy chair waiting for you. 

Velvet

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.