Gambling Therapy has created a free app to give you access to a collection of tools and information to help you identify and overcome problem gambling.
Download the GT app if you feel that any of these things describe you or someone you care about:
- you feel that you are preoccupied with gambling
- previous attempts to cut or stop gambling have failed
- you feel the need to increase your bets
- you gamble when you feel stressed or upset
- you gamble to try and win back your losses
- you attempt to conceal the extent of your gambling
- you struggling financially because of your gambling
- your relationships are suffering because of your gambling
Problem gambling (sometimes referred to as gambling addiction) is an urge to gamble despite mounting negative consequences. The Gambling Therapy app has been designed to help those that are struggling with problem gambling by providing easy to access information and straightforward tools.
Key features of the GT app
- self assessment questionnaire
- text based live support
- mindfulness and self help exercises
- crisis support information
- daily motivational quotes
- links to blocking software
- directory of organisations that can help
- access to the GT online forums
It is quick and simple to download the app. Scan the QR code below by pointing your smart-phone camera at it, or search for “Gambling Therapy” in the App store on your device.